Back in December, I reached out to the Bautanz subscribers and asked what they have been having trouble with.
Along with many other things, ganchos were causing some pain and so I decided to make a video for it.
Yes, you should work on ganchos even if you don’t use them that much in milongas..!
I find ganchos to be something that can teach us A LOT about posture, balance, effortless grounding, body awareness, timing and last but certainly not least connection.
That is why even though I know that compared to other things, ganchos are secondary, I am super excited to share this video with you today because all that you will learn you can apply it to your Tango technique overall.
What will you learn from this drill..?
- What is the MOST important ingredient for successful ganchos
- How do we respond to gravity and how we yield with one side to free the other
- What are the most common mistakes dancers make and how you can avoid them
- Successfully freeing up one leg so you can kick without losing your balance or tensing up
- Understanding what is the body supposed to be doing to support the action
- Finding how your frame should work to lead and follow ganchos without pushing and pulling on your partner and
So with no further a do, here is your video:
P.S: If you need extra help on technique check this link out for ideas: Argentine Tango Technique–Don’t leave the gym yet